This is a PRIVATE course for Compass Urgent Care employees.
Compass Urgent Care is committed to providing a safe and healthful work environment for our entire staff. In pursuit of this goal, the following exposure control plan (ECP) is provided to eliminate or minimize occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens in accordance with OSHA standard 29 CFR 1910.1030, “Occupational Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens.”
- The ECP is a key document to assist our organization in implementing and ensuring compliance with the standard, thereby protecting our employees. This ECP includes:
- Determination of employee exposure
- Implementation of various methods of exposure control, including:
- Universal Precautions
- Engineering and work practice controls
- Personal Protective equipment (PPE)
- Hepatitis B vaccination
- Post-exposure evaluation and follow up
- Communication of hazards to employees and training
- Procedures for evaluating circumstances surrounding exposure incidents
- Implementation methods for these elements of the standard are discussed in the subsequent pages of this ECP.